Christmas has come and gone. Thank goodness. I have always found this time of year quite stressful and this year was no different.
I had decided to have roast duck for christmas dinner. We don't really enjoy turkey and a chicken would seem a bit ordinary. Goose is too big so we went with duck. I have a spare fridge kept in the carport, we usually use it for drinks but it has come in handy this time of the year for all the extra food. It has the habit of freezing our drinks every now and then and I never thought anything of it as I put the duck in there. Of course, when I went to get the duck out very early on christmas morning, it should have been no suprise at all to find that the duck was frozen!! It took hours to defrost, we had our starters first as we were all starving followed by our main course about 3 hours later. I have to say that it all tasted delicious and the day was a great success.
Went back to work today which was horrendously busy - was pleased when my 6 hour shift was up. Returning to work again in the morning and I'm expecting it to be just as busy tomorrow morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment