Thursday, 10 September 2009
Today I start to try and lose weight
Today I went shopping down town. I caught my reflection in a window and my god! How fat have I become? Absolutely gross, hideous. Big fat belly and double chins. 6 years ago I weighed about 55 kgs, now I weigh about 73 kgs. 6 years ago, I decided to file for divorce. Unfortunately I had to continue live with husband and sleep in the same bed. This was the worst time of my life ever. He was horrid and spiteful and I consciously put on weight to make myself less attractive. After living like this for 3 years I finally got my divorce and moved out. I had all good intentions of losing weight but during the last 3 years I have become completely self indulgent. Doing what I want, eating and drinking what I want. I work 7 days a week, every week ( I won't work Christmas day though) and my jobs are not that active. I keep trying to do exercise but always seem to be too tired. I had some extra income a few months back and joined the gym but attendence has been sporadic especially recently due to increased workload with swine flu and staff shortages. So I haven't had much success and seem to be getting bigger and bigger. So today is the day when I'm going to take the bull by the horns. Together with my trusted iPhone I hope to try and eat less and exercise more. I have downloaded a weight loss programme and a few exercise programmes.
Here are the rules:
1. Baby steps, be realistic.
2. Even if I have an off day I haven't failed - 1 day or more of straying a week is better than the 7 days a week of complete self indulgence which is where I am now.
3. Alcohol only allowed every other day, and by alcohol I mean one small glass of wine.
4. Follow the rules on the weightloss programme.
5. Believe in myself and my ability to do this.
I'm blogging this in the hope that it will make me stick to the plan and hopefully chart my progress.
-- Posted from my iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment